Name Change

To change your name on your University of Portland student record, you must submit written notice to the Office of the Registrar, either by filling out our form, or by submitting a signed letter. With your form or letter, you will need to include legal documentation, including one photo identification and at least one additional legal document. Acceptable documents include:

Photo ID
  • Passport
  • Driver's License
  • Government Issued ID

Additional Legal Documents
  • Marriage License
  • Court Record of Name Change
  • Divorce Document
The Office of the Registrar is located in Waldschmidt Hall, room 100. The office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. If you are unable to come in person, you may mail your documentation to:

University of Portland
Office of the Registrar
5000 N Willamette Blvd
Portland, OR 97203

Or, you may FAX your documentation to 503.943.7979.