Financial Aid: Getting Paid
Step 1—Financial Aid Office
- New employees present valid ID to complete the federal W-4 and I-9 forms.
2013 I-9 Employment Form
2014 W-4 Employment Form
Please bring in these completed forms with valid ID.
Documents commonly used as valid ID include:
- Original Passport
- Original Social Security Card and Photo ID
- Original Birth Certificate and Photo ID
- For a complete list of valid documents please refer to the back of the I-9
- Pick up a Student Employment Referral Form if starting in a new position
- Pick up a Direct Deposit Authorization Form from Payroll or Student Accounts
- Bring Referral Form when inquiring about/interviewing for a job
- Once offered a job, clarify the work schedule and pay rate
- Complete the student and supervisor sections of the Referral Form together
Step 3—Financial Aid Office
- Turn in the completed and signed Referral Form
- Access online timesheet through Self-Serve (How-to: Accessing your Timesheet)
Step 4—Payroll Office
- Early in the first month, turn in a completed Direct Deposit Authorization Form
- Submit timesheet through Paperless Payroll (through self-serve) by the dates established on the
Step 5—Get Paid!
- Students will be paid twice monthly, on the 10th and 25th of each month.
- If you are signed up for Direct Deposit your paycheck will be automatically deposited in your bank account on pay day.
- If you are not signed up for Direct Deposit your paycheck will be mailed to your campus or local address.
UP Wage Scale
The wage scale ranges from $9.10 to $10.00 per hour. Questions about the wage scale please contact the Student Employment Coordinator.
Back to Student Employment