Consumer Information and Disclosures | University of Portland

Consumer Information and Disclosures

The Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA), includes many disclosure and reporting requirements. Following is an aggregation of the necessary disclosures and reports.

Academic Programs

College of Arts and Sciences - Undergraduate Programs

School of Business - Undergraduate Programs

School of Education - Undergraduate Programs

School of Engineering - Undergraduate Programs

School of Nursing - Undergraduate Program

Graduate School - Programs

Academic Regulations

The  University Bulletin contains information regarding the University of Portland’s degree programs, academic regulations, faculty, and facilities.

Academic Regulations


Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)

National Association of Schools of Theatre – Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Theater

National Association of Schools of Music – Bachelor’s degree in music

Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International) – Undergraduate and Graduate programs in the Dr. Robert B. Pamplin, Jr. School of Business Administration

Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) – Undergraduate and Graduate programs in the School of Education

Engineering Accreditation Commission – Bachelor of Science degree in computer science or civil, electrical and mechanical engineering

Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) – Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral programs in the School of Nursing

Council on Social Work Education – Bachelor’s degree in Social Work

Documents describing the University of Portland’s accreditation can be reviewed by contacting the Office of the Provost at Contact the accrediting agency directly for procedures for filing a complaint.

Campus Safety

Department of Campus Safety Crime & Fire Report (includes Missing Student Procedure)

Daily Crime and Fire Log

Safety alerts and school closure information will be published on the University's homepage.

Complaint Process

Students should attempt to resolve any grievances they may have with their school first. Should attempts to resolve these problems with appropriate school officials fail, or should the student be dissatisfied with the final outcome of the college complaint process, then the Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC), can respond to a formal complaint.  Students may contact the Higher Education Coordinating Commission, 3225 25th St. SE, Salem, OR 97302 or by sending an email to  Students may also access the HECC Complaints web page or visit the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) complaints page.

Consumer Protection Information

File a complaint, report suspicious activity, or provide positive feedback via the FSA Feedback System.

The  Oregon Department of Justice's Consumer Protection Division protects consumers in the marketplace, primarily by enforcing Oregon's Unlawful Trade Practices Act. Consumers are helped through the Section's efforts to informally resolve matters between consumers and businesses. Its main purpose is to identify and eliminate the most serious threats to Oregon consumers.

Copyright/Peer-to-Peer Policies

Copyright Guidelines

Information Services Policies

Costs and Consumer Information

Cost of Attendance

First-Time Undergraduate Net Price Calculator

College Navigator – U.S. Department of Education

College Affordability and Transparency Center

Credit Transfer Policy

Transfer Credit Policy


Accessible Education Services serves students with disabilities through accommodations such as extended time on exams, housing accommodations, assistive technology and other individually-tailored accommodations, according to student need. 

Accessible Education Services

Policy on Disability and Accessibility

Policy on Service and Support Animals

Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention

Life on the Bluff - Student Handbook

Alcohol and Drug Prevention & Education Program 2022 Biennial Review

See  Department of Public Safety Crime & Fire Report

Equity in Athletics

This report contains participation rates, financial support, and other information regarding men’s and women’s intercollegiate athletic programs.

University of Portland  Equity in Athletics Data Analysis Report (EADA) Report


Complete Faculty List

College of Arts and Sciences - Faculty

Pamplin School of Business - Faculty

School of Education - Faculty

Shiley School of Engineering - Faculty

School of Nursing - Faculty


Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Student Rights Under FERPA

Confidentiality Policy

Directory Information

Proxy Access

Student Privacy at the U.S. Department of Education

Financial Aid

Office of Financial Aid

Financial Aid Handbook

Financial Aid Refunds

Title IV Loan Code of Conduct

Graduation/Completion Rates

The Institutional Research website provides information about current and new students, enrollment summaries, University profiles, and other interesting data.

Graduation Rates

Instructional Facilities

Campus Map

Net Price Calculator

First-Time Undergraduate Net Price Calculator

Professional License Disclosures

Professional Licensure Program Alignment by State

Refund Policy

Tuition and Fees Refund

Retention Rate

The Institutional Research website provides information about current and new students, enrollment summaries, University profiles, and other interesting data.

Retention Rates

Student Activities

Moreau Center for Service & Leadership

Recreational Services

Student Activities

Student Body Diversity

The Institutional Research website provides information about current and new students, enrollment summaries, University profiles, and other interesting data.

Student Profile

Student Loan Ombudsman

The Federal Student Aid (FSA) Ombudsman Group of the U.S. Department of Education is a neutral, informal, and confidential resource to help resolve disputes about your federal student loans. Contact the FSA Ombudsman at 877.557.2575.

Student Loan Ombudsman

Title IV Loan Code of Conduct

Textbook Information

Campus Bookstore

Vaccination Policies

All students at the University are required to submit a Health History form as well as an Immunization History form that provides, according to Oregon State Law, proof of having received two doses of the measles or MMR vaccine. Students are also strongly encouraged to submit a current copy of their immunization records to the Health Center.

Immunization Requirements

Voter Registration

Oregon Voter Registration

Register to Vote in Your State

Withdrawal from the University

Tuition and Fees Refund

Return of Title IV Financial Aid Policy - Available in the  Financial Aid Handbook

Withdrawal Procedures