About UP: Faculty Awards
- Environmental science professor Bob Butler was named the Oregon Academy of Science 2013 Outstanding Higher Education Teacher in Science and Mathematics.
- Nursing professor Carol Craig was named one of the “Top 100 Nursing Professors in 2012” by BSNtoMSN.org.
- German professor Laura McLary was named the top foreign language teacher in Oregon in 2012, receiving the COFLT (Confederation in Oregon for Foreign Languages Teaching) Award for Excellence in Foreign Language instruction at the university level.
- Chemistry professor Sister Angela Hoffman, O.S.B., was chosen a 2012 American Chemical Society (ACS) Fellow.
- School of Nursing dean Joanne Warner was elected in 2012 to serve a two-year term on the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) National Board.
- Biology professor Katie O’Reilly received a Fulbright Scholar grant to study Little Blue Penguins and teach conservation ecology at the University of Auckland, New Zealand in Spring 2013.
- Music professor Patrick Murphy received a national Graves Award in 2012 for “outstanding accomplishment in teaching in the humanities by a younger faculty member."
- Nursing professor Lorretta Krautscheid received the Novice Faculty Excellence in Didactic Teaching Award presented by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) in 2011.
- Spanish professor Kate Regan received a prestigious National Endowment for the Humanities fellowship in 2010.
- Business professor Gary Mitchell and co-author Ted Klastorin received the Institute of Industrial Engineers' 2009 IEE Transactions Best Application Paper Award in the Operations Engineering category for their paper “An efficient methodology for the stochastic project compression problem.”
- English professor John McDonald, education professor Blaine Ackley, and business professors Richard Gritta and Mark Meckler were awarded Fulbright Scholar grants to lecture and study overseas during the 2007-2008 academic year.
Chemistry professor Sister Angela Hoffman, O.S.B., was chosen an American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Fellow in 2007.
Education professor Patricia Morrell received the National Science Teachers Association's Distinguished Informational Science Education Award in 2007 for a program she helped developed to teach young children about the importance of trees and forest products.
- Education professor Karen Eifler was named the 2006 Oregon Professor of the Year by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education. She also received the Association of Independent Colleges for Teacher Education (AILACTE) Scholar Award in 2003.
- Drama professor Mindi Logan received the Actors Center Teacher Development Fellowship awarded through the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in 2004.
- Spanish professor Kate Regan was named the outstanding professor of the year by the Carnegie Foundation and Council for Advancement and Support of Education in November 2000.
- Biology professor Terry Favero was named Oregon’s Professor of the Year in November 1997 and was named Educator of the Year by the Oregon Academy of Science in 1998.
- History professor and studies abroad director Rev. Arthur Wheeler, C.S.C., was named an Outstanding Freshman Advocate by the National Resource Center for the First-Year Experience in 1998.