About UP: Faculty Awards
- Sister Angela Hoffman, O.S.B., chemistry, was named the 2014 Outstanding Higher Education Professor in Science and Mathematics by the Oregon Academy of Science.
Gary Melecha, political science, received the 2014 Spirit of Holy Cross Award.
Lars Erik Larson and Molly Hiro, English, were awarded Fulbright U.S. Scholar Teaching Grants to India for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Andrew Nuxoll, computer science, was awarded an Erskine Fellowship to teach at the University of Canterbury in Christchurch, New Zealand, in Fall 2014.
- Environmental science professor Bob Butler was awarded the 2014 Fred Fox Distinguished Service to Science Education Award.
Communication studies professor Vail Fletcher won the 2014 Outstanding Edited Book Award from the National Communication Association.
Susan Stillwell, nursing, is the recipient of the 2014 Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Excellence Award, presented by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
Deborah Munro, engineering, won the 2014 Vernier Software & Technology Engineering Contest
- Environmental science professor Bob Butler was named the Oregon Academy of Science 2013 Outstanding Higher Education Teacher in Science and Mathematics.
- Nursing professor Carol Craig was named one of the “Top 100 Nursing Professors in 2012” by BSNtoMSN.org.
- German professor Laura McLary was named the top foreign language teacher in Oregon in 2012, receiving the COFLT (Confederation in Oregon for Foreign Languages Teaching) Award for Excellence in Foreign Language instruction at the university level.
- Chemistry professor Sister Angela Hoffman, O.S.B., was chosen a 2012 American Chemical Society (ACS) Fellow.
- School of Nursing dean Joanne Warner was elected in 2012 to serve a two-year term on the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) National Board.
- Biology professor Katie O’Reilly received a Fulbright Scholar grant to study Little Blue Penguins and teach conservation ecology at the University of Auckland, New Zealand in Spring 2013.
- Music professor Patrick Murphy received a national Graves Award in 2012 for “outstanding accomplishment in teaching in the humanities by a younger faculty member."
- Nursing professor Lorretta Krautscheid received the Novice Faculty Excellence in Didactic Teaching Award presented by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) in 2011.
- Spanish professor Kate Regan received a prestigious National Endowment for the Humanities fellowship in 2010.
- Business professor Gary Mitchell and co-author Ted Klastorin received the Institute of Industrial Engineers' 2009 IEE Transactions Best Application Paper Award in the Operations Engineering category for their paper “An efficient methodology for the stochastic project compression problem.”
- English professor John McDonald, education professor Blaine Ackley, and business professors Richard Gritta and Mark Meckler were awarded Fulbright Scholar grants to lecture and study overseas during the 2007-2008 academic year.
Chemistry professor Sister Angela Hoffman, O.S.B., was chosen an American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Fellow in 2007.
- Education professor Patricia Morrell received the National Science Teachers Association's Distinguished Informational Science Education Award in 2007 for a program she helped developed to teach young children about the importance of trees and forest products.