- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business Administration
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Learning Resource Center
- Majors & Minors
- Studies Abroad
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Student Accounts
- Waldschmidt 130, MSC 156
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Student Accounts: Credit Balance with TMS Plan
When a student sets up a TMS payment plan, the student account is credited for the entire term budget. As each monthly payment is made, TMS holds the payment for a minimum of 28 days before remitting the payment to the University of Portland. Because the funds posted to the student account are not received until several weeks after the TMS payment plan is paid in full, a refund from a credit on a student account with a TMS plan is not available until all obligations to TMS have been fulfilled and the funds for the entire TMS credit on the student account have been remitted to the University.
An email will be sent to students participating in the TMS plan and the designated payer if there is a credit on the student account on the last business day of each month. Students and designated payers have the option of lowering the monthly payment by contacting the Student Accounts office to adjust the TMS plan by the amount of the credit. Students who prefer not to have their TMS plan adjusted at the time the credit is created will automatically have their plan adjusted around the fourth week of the spring semester. Once the TMS plan is adjusted, any remaining credit on the student account will be refunded to the student.
Students also have the option of having their TMS plan automatically adjusted to reflect changes on the student account by submitting the Authorization to Adjust Monthly Payment Plan to the Student Accounts office:
- Student accounts will be audited shortly after the 15th of each month.
- If the student account has a balance due or a credit of $25.00 or more, the TMS plan will be raised or lowered accordingly
- Each month the TMS plan is adjusted an email notification will be sent to the student and designated payer by the 22nd of the month
- The authorization will be in place for the duration of the student attendance at the University of Portland, or until a written authorization is submitted by the student requesting the form be rescinded