International Student Services: Conditional Admission
We are able to offer conditional admission to undergraduates who are applying for a home government scholarship and need to improve their English language skills prior to beginning classes at University of Portland. Conditional admission means that a student is admissible based on all application requirements, with the exception of an English language proficiency exam score.
Conditionally admitted students:
Cannot begin classes at University of Portland until they meet an English language proficiency exam score.
Must meet our minimum English language exam score requirement before they can earn full admission and begin classes at University of Portland. (University of Portland accepts a TOEFL iBT score of 71 or above, OR an IELTS score of 6.5 or above)
Upon satisfying the English language exam score will be fully admitted and eligible to begin classes in the next available term.
If you are seeking conditional admission for a graduate level program, please email International Student Services at email@example.com for eligibility information.
For more information regarding English language programs see the frequently asked questions (FAQ) section by using the navigation at the left of the page.
Application Checklist for Undergraduate CONDITIONAL Admission
Your application will be considered complete when the following have been submitted:
- An Undergraduate Application (to insure proper delivery of your admission notification please provide a complete mailing address in the application which includes the address street number or a PO Box number AND a postal code)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- $50 application fee (can be paid by check, money order, wire transfer or via the online application. Make checks payable to the University of Portland. For wire transfer instructions, visit our Student Accounts webpage for more information.)
- Official secondary school transcripts for all three years sent from the Regional Directorate office at the Ministry of Education. Emailed, faxed, or unattested photocopies are not acceptable.
- Official transcripts from any post-secondary institution (if applicable) Official transcripts must arrive in a sealed envelope and have the original seal or signature from the institution.
- Notification that you are applying for a home government scholarship
(to insure proper delivery of your admission notification please provide a complete mailing address in the application which includes the address street number or a PO Box number AND a postal code AND a telephone number).
All documents submitted to University of Portland become the property of University of Portland and cannot be photocopied or returned.
Note: An application will not be reviewed until all of the above application materials have been received.
All application materials should be sent to:
International Student Services
University of Portland
5000 N Willamette Blvd, MSC 178
Portland, OR 97203
Undergraduate Application Deadlines
January 15 Priority deadline for first year students
June 1 Fall term deadline for first year students (if space available)
November 15 Spring term deadline for first year applications