Printing & Mailing Services: Outgoing Mail
Outgoing USPS mail and packages must be received in mailing services by 8:00 a.m. or 2:45 p.m. daily. FedEx packages must be received by 2:15 p.m. and UPS packages must be received by 3:15 p.m. Packages and envelopes hand-delivered to mailing services close to deadlines should be given to mailing services staff rather than dropped in the mail slots to ensure they are received by FedEx/UPS that day.
- USPS First Class Mail
- Priority Mail
- Express Mail*
- Media Mail
- Certified Mail
- Return Receipt
- Delivery Confirmation/USPS Tracking
- Registered Mail/Insured Mail (Must go to USPS Postal Office for these Services)
For more information about USPS shipping methods, visit http://www.usps.com.
Packages should be ready to ship when brought to mailing services. Use the following guidelines when preparing your package:
- Completely sealed and addressed and ready to ship.
- Use a single address label that is legible, with complete delivery and return addresses.
- Remove all old labels from used boxes.
- Use strong, clear packing tape (the Post Office does not allow the use of duct or masking tape). The Mail Center does not supply packing tape.
- Packages with prepaid labels may be dropped off any time during office hours.
- International packaging standards vary by weight and destination. (Flat rate boxes available up to 20 pounds; please call mailing services for rates.)
- Exterior of packages/envelopes should not contain staples.
- Mailing services is not allowed to ship alcohol, batteries, or potentially flammable items such as perfumes.
*Mail is picked up at USPS at 8:30am. All express mail deliveries are received at the afternoon pick up time of 3:00pm.