- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Majors & Minors
- Shepard Academic Resource Center
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Recreational Services
- Beauchamp Recreation &
- 5000 N Willamette Blvd.
- Portland OR 97203
Recreational Services: How To Sign-up for Intramural Sports
You will love competing in our friendly sports leagues. Please feel free to give our office a call if you have questions after reading through the checklist below.
- Check the intramural calendar for sport offerings and entry deadlines.
- There is no entry fee.
- Form a team with friends, house and hall mates, coworkers, professors, your RA, anyone who likes to play.
- Choose a skill level division to play in. DI is the higher league, DII is lower. Some sports do not have divisions.
- Choose who will be your captain. The captain should follow these steps.:
- Sign your team up at IM Leagues
Here's how to sign up: IM Leagues Instructions
- A University of Portland e-mail address is required to sign-up a team.
- It will be helpful to have your teammates' e-mail addresses.
- Attend the mandatory captains meeting. You will receive your schedule at this meeting and teams forfeit their first game and may lose their spot if they don't attend the meeting.
- Intramural champions win the prized championship T-shirt! Note: One t-shirt per person in any sport season.
- The deadline for sign-ups and dates for the captains meetings are listed on the intramural calendar and also on the IM Leagues website.
For individual sports, including Tennis and Table Tennis singles, the individual still needs to create a “Team” (consisting of 1 person) to enter into the league.
- If you are unable to find a team to play on, you may enter a league as a free agent. This means that the intramural coordinators will find a team for you to play on.
- The minimum number of players per team is different for every sport. Please refer to each individual league page for this number.