Skip to main content Skip to footer site map


General Questions

What if a student is unsure of their credit status?

If a student has slightly different credits than what is usually considered for their class year, we invite them to attend the family weekend for the class they most identify with.

Is there anything I need to know about large venues on campus?

Yes - there are special policies for events in the large athletic complexes or events at the Chiles Center. Please review the Bag Policy and Prohibited Items page for information on bag inspection policies and prohibited items.

Where should our family stay when we're in town?

See Where to Stay on our Portland page for great local hotels with special room rates for UP guests!

Our family needs ADA accommodations. Whom should we contact?

Those participating in Family Weekend who may require an accommodation in order to fully participate in any of the activities should contact the Office of Student Activities at least 2 weeks prior to the weekend. The phone number is 503.943.7470 and the email address is


How do I register?

Register online for First-Year and Sophomore Family Weekend by following this link. Please register by January 31, 2020. 

What is the cost of family weekend?

The cost for First-Year and Sophomore Family Weekend is $20 per student and $50 per family member. Registration and payment must be completed by January 31, 2020.

This registration fee grants you access to all the scheduled events for the weekend, but please note in the schedule when food and beverages are not included so that you can plan accordingly.

If registration fees pose a financial burden for your family, please contact to be considered for financial assistance. Financial assistance requests will be considered on a first come, first served basis.

Please note that we are only accepting registration and payment for the full weekend. We are unable to sell tickets for individual events. Thank you for your understanding. 

What should I do if I need to request a refund?

Should plans change and you wish to receive a refund, please email and request a refund at least 7 days before the event. Your request will be sent to us and, in most cases, you will be issued a refund.

Whom can I contact if I have questions?

You can call the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations at 503.943.7328, or email us at