- College of Arts & Sciences
- Pamplin School of Business
- School of Education
- Donald P. Shiley School of Engineering
- School of Nursing
- Graduate School
- Clark Library
- Academic Advising
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
- Early Alert
- Fellowships & Grants
- Franz Center
- Garaventa Center
- Honors Program
- Majors & Minors
- Shepard Academic Resource Center
- Studies Abroad
- STEM Center
- University Catalog: The Bulletin
- University Core
- Campus Life
- About UP
- Human Resources Home
- Employee Benefits
- Employee Resources
- Employee Handbook
- Faculty Handbook
- Financial Affairs
- Web Time Entry
- Student Employment Verification
Human Resources: University-Provided Benefits
Please visit the Employee Benefits page for more information on the following:
- Major Medical and Optical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Home Purchase Grant Program
- Tuition Remission
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Vacation days are earned beginning the date of employment and accrue at a rate based on years of service (note the schedule below). Each month in which you work 11 days or more counts as continuous employment for purposes of accruing vacation.
|Period of Continuous Employment||Annual Vacation Time Accrued|
|Date of hire to end of 4th year||10 days/2 weeks |
|Start of 5th year to end of 8th year||15 days/3 weeks |
|Start of 9th year and beyond||20 days/4 weeks|
Employees who have completed 90 days of employment are eligible to use vacation. In no event can vacation use in any year exceed the accrued vacation amount. Vacation time does not accrue should your employment terminate prior to three months from date of hire. You may not accumulate vacation hours greater than a two year accrual. Once your vacation hours reach the maximum accrual, you will cease to accrue vacation hours until some vacation time has been used. You will not be compensated for vacation time earned but not taken in the prescribed manner.
Employees at the senior administrator level follow the same vacation policy stated above, except the amount of vacation allotted each fiscal year (or a portion thereof) will be equal to 20days/4 weeks from date of hire or appointment as a Senior Administrator.
Sick Leave:The University's Sick Time policies are being updated. Please contact the Office of Human Resources if you have any questions or need assistance in this area.
Leave of Absence:
For information on Leave of Absences, please visit the Leave of Absence page. Employees are encouraged to schedule an appointment in advance (when possible) with Human Resources, to discuss the situation and walk through the leave of absence procedures.
- As a reminder, all new staff & faculty are required to complete the following online training within the first 30 days of employment:
- Unlawful Harassment Prevention
- Code of Conduct
- Title IX: Preventing Discrimination and Sexual Violence
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources.
- The new Holiday Schedule is available with Holiday dates for the next two years.