Skip to main content Skip to footer site map


Web Time Entry

What is Web Time Entry?

Web Time Entry is the tool we use to record hours worked and vacation or sick time used. All hourly staff and students (non-exempt), along with all exempt monthly staff need to record time in Web Time Entry. Faculty members do not need to record time in WTE, but if they supervise students they will need to use WTE to approve time sheets. The electronic time sheets are uploaded directly to payroll which reduces the potential for errors.

How do I login and enter my hours into Web Time Entry?

You access Web Time Entry by logging into Banner Self-Serve. Once in Self-Serve you will click on Employee, Time Sheet. Your position should come up (if you have more than one position all positions will show and you will need to click on the one you need to enter hours into). There is a dropdown arrow next to the available date. You can click on the arrow to select the correct pay period. Once selected you are able to enter hours. The time sheet due date is listed on the top of your electronic time sheet. Please enter all hours for the pay period and submit for approval before the time and date on your time sheet. The computer system will lock you out if you do not submit the hours by that specific date and time.

You should enter your hours each day you work before you leave for the day. Your time sheet should always be up to date at all times. If you will be on vacation when your time sheet is due, please fill it out before you leave and submit it so your supervisor can approve it while you are gone. We ask that you enter your hours before you go home each day.

Web time entry help sheet

Timesheet entry video

When do I need to turn in my electronic time sheet?

The time sheet due date is on your electronic time sheet. You can also look at the time sheet due date schedules on this website. The schedule lists the day your specific time sheet needs to be submitted along with what day you will be paid for that time sheet. We ask you to fill out your time sheet and submit it on the last day you work in the pay period.

If you are on vacation you need to submit your time sheet before you leave. If you are sick then your supervisor should email the payroll office and have us submit it for you so they are able to adjust and approve the hours.

What do I do if I did not enter my hours electronically and submit them for approval?

You will need to send a detailed email to your time sheet approver that has your name, ID number, and total number of hours by type listed. Your approver must acknowledge that you should be paid for the hours. If the information is received by the time sheet due date, we will include the hours in the current pay period. If the information is received after that date the hours will be included in the following pay period.

What do I do if I submitted my time sheet and it had an error on it?

You would first click the recall box on your time sheet. If you do not see one you should contact your supervisor and ask them to return the time sheet for correction. If they have already approved the time sheet, you will need to email your supervisor to let them know what corrections need to be made. They will then forward that email to the payroll office so we can manually make the adjustments in the payroll system. We will process all adjustments that are received prior to our processing the payroll. If the authorization comes in after we have completed the payroll we will make the adjustment on the following time sheet.

If you have missed entering and submitting your time in web time entry, you will need to fill out a Missed Payment Form, give the reason the hours were not entered electronically, have your supervisor sign the form, and submit it to the payroll office. If the form is received during the current processing window it will be added to the current pay check. If it is received after the processing has been completed it will be added to the next payroll event.

Correcting Errors Video

I submitted my time sheet before it was complete. How do I get it back to add the hours for the rest of the time period?

You can click on Return Time and it will put the time sheet back in process. If your approver has already approved it, you will need to email the corrections to your supervisor. They should approve them and forward the authorization to the payroll office to make a manual adjustment to your hours.

How can I tell if I submitted my time sheet or if my supervisor has approved it yet?

Log into Web Time Entry and look at the bottom of your time sheet. It will show if you have submitted, if it is returned for correction, if it is pending supervisor approval, and who it has been approved by.

How do I figure out how many minutes I put down on my time sheet?

We use 15 minute increments in Web Time Entry so you will need to round your time to .25 for a 15 minute increment (ex: 15 min =.25 increments, 30 min = .50 increments, 45 min = .75 increments, 60 min = .00 increments). This does not mean that if you work for 2 hours from 10 a.m. to noon that you have to put each 15 minute increment on your time sheet. You can enter start time 10 a.m. and end time 12 p.m. If you worked 2 hours and 15 minutes you would log it as start time 10 a.m. stop time 12:15 p.m.  To determine if you should round down to the lower increment or up to the higher would depend on the actual start time. If it is 7 minutes after the increment you would round down. If it is 8 minutes after the increment you would round up to the next increment.

As a time card approver, how do I approve time sheets?

Please refer to the approvers handbook and the approving timecards video on how to approve timecards.

What is a Proxy and how do I set one up?

A proxy is someone you designate to approve your employees' time sheets when you are not available to do so. We ask that each time sheet approver set up at least one proxy. If the person does not show up on the proxy list you will need to contact payroll to have them authorized to be an approver. Once they are set up, you can choose their name on the proxy list via the dropdown arrow. Payroll is not able to set up a proxy for you.

As the approver, it is your responsibility to let your proxy know when you need them to approve time sheets for you.

Who do I contact if I have a question about my electronic time sheet?

You can email or call the payroll office at 503.943.8338 for help.


How do I set up direct deposit?

See the Direct Deposit page.

If I choose not to have direct deposit and I receive a check, where does it get sent?

We mail it to a campus address, local address, or your permanent address, in that order.

What do I do if my check is outdated (stale dated)?

If your check is outdated, you need to bring it to the payroll office so we can reissue it. The new check will be replaced within two weeks.

What do I do if I lose my paycheck?

You will need to fill out and sign a Lost Check Form. We will reissue the payment within two weeks of receiving the form.

How do I change my tax withholdings?

You will need to fill out a new Federal W-4 form and a new Oregon W-4 form. Beginning in 2020 both the federal and state forms are required to be submitted for new hires and anyone wanting to change their tax withholdings.

By Oregon law the payroll office cannot give you tax advice. We recommend you go to the federal and state tax calculators linked to on the bottom of our home page

How do I get my W-2 electronically?

There are two ways you can sign up for electronic delivery of your W-2 form. You can log into self-serve, or complete the Electronic W-2 Form and return it to the Payroll Office. 

To sign up online go to Navigate to Banner Self-Serve > Employee > Tax Forms > Electronic W-2 Consent. Click on the box that you consent to receive your W-2 electronically and click the submit button. If you see the check mark in the box, you are signed up to receive your W-2 electronically. Once you have submitted your acceptance to receive your W-2 electronically, you will receive an email when your W-2 is available. 

The W-2 form will be available by January 31 each year. 

How do I get another copy of my W-2?

You can opt in for electronic delivery of your W-2. If you have consented for electronic delivery, then follow these steps in order to retrieve your W-2:
  1. Open Self-Serve
  2. Click on Employee
  3. Click on Tax Forms
  4. Click on W-2 Wage and Tax Statement
  5. Select desired Tax Year from the drop-down menu. Click display.
  6. Click on Printable W-2 and print. 
If you need a paper copy, you will need to fill out W-2 Reissue Request and send it to the payroll office. It will be printed and sent out within 2 weeks of receiving the form.

When do I get paid?

Pay dates vary depending upon which payroll you fall under. Choose your classification to see the "submit by" date for your time sheet, along with the pay date for the calendar year.

monthly | 
semi-monthly staff | semi-monthly student 

Who do I contact if I have a question about my paycheck?

You can email or call the payroll office at 503.943.8338 for help.