Diploma Replacement | University of Portland

Diploma Replacement

University of Portland graduates are issued one original copy of their diploma. In order to request a replacement diploma, it is necessary to submit a letter that concludes with a handwritten ink signature. All requests must come directly from the graduate via mail, fax or email (scanned version) and be accompanied by acceptable proof of identity. However, any formal request that has been notarized or originates from the graduate's University email address does not require proof of identity.

In the letter requesting the replacement, please include the following information:

  • What happened to your original diploma
  • Name you attended under
  • Date of birth
  • Dates of attendance
  • Where to send the replacement diploma

Attach a copy of valid government issued picture ID such as:

  • Passport
  • State Identification
  • Driver's License
  • Permanent Resident Card

Please contact our office regarding the replacement and shipping fees. The diploma replacement process takes 7-10 business days after we have received your request letter and any applicable fees.