Administrative Resource | University of Portland

Administrative Resource

Whether you are new this year or returning, the offices in this section are places you need to be familiar with to pay your bills, find housing, and to stay safe and healthy.

Financial Aid 

The Office of Financial Aid provides information about cost of attendance, types of aid, applying for aid, scholarships, etc. Please visit the Office of Financial Aid’s website or call and make an appointment with a counselor 503.943.7311.

For more information, please visit the Financial Aid website: Office of Financial Aid

  • FAFSA must be filed every year and should be completed by January 31 at the latest to be eligible for the most grants. Talk to your parents over winter break to get the needed financial information to file taxes. The Office of Financial Aid's FAQ General section provides helpful information about completing FAFSA.
  • Make sure you are familiar with all of the information in the FAQs about Loans on the Office of Financial Aid's website.
  • Upcoming deadlines 
    • February 15 - OSAC Scholarship Early Bird Deadlines 
      • OSAC, The Office of Student Access and Completion provides Oregon Residents one easy application to apply for multiple scholarships at once, awarding more than $10 million in scholarships annually. Early bird enters you into a drawing for one of several $1,000.
    • March 1 - OSAC Final Deadline 
    • March 15 - New Student Verification Deadline 
      • Priority deadline for new incoming students to submit additional information, verification (if selected), and any other dorms the Office of Financial Aid has requested. 
    • For more dates and deadlines follow this link - Dates + Deadlines
  • For more information contact:  
  • Counselor: available for a phone (503.943.7311) and limited in-person appointments, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Health and Counseling Center

The Health and Counseling Center provides health care, mental health counseling, after-hours advice nursing, spiritual health, substance abuse prevention, wellness promotion, and resources for anyone impacted by assault and/or harassment.

  • You don’t have to have the University’s health insurance to use the Health and Counseling Center.
  • Services provided through the Health and Counseling Center are offered either for free or at minimal cost, regardless of insurance status. Visits with all Health and Counseling Center providers are free. Medications, injections, medical supplies, and diagnostic or laboratory studies are supplied for a nominal fee.


  • Schedule an Appointment: 503.943.7134 or
    • Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, closed for lunch from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm

Campus Safety

  • The Department of Campus Safety is commonly referred to as C-Safe.
  • C-Safe is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 503.943.7161.
  • You can get discounted Trimet passes at PSafe; check out the transportation information for information about Trimet, parking passes, and more.
  • If you are nervous about walking to your car or somewhere else on campus, phone the Department of Campus Safety for an escort 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.


  • Important Contact Information
    • Emergency: 503.943.4444
    • Business: 503.943.7161
    • Text message: 971.563.4341
    • Email:


The Office of the Registrar maintains all permanent academic records, provides course schedules, provides registration information, provides student schedules, processes transcript requests, provides enrollment certification/verification, processes graduation applications and distributes diplomas.

  • The Office of the Registrar manages the academic calendar. This calendar has important deadlines about when you can drop classes, finals, breaks, and more.
  • Some job applications and most scholarships will require a copy of your University transcript. You request official transcripts from the Office of the Registrar via Self-Serve and need to plan for 2-3 days for the transcript to be processed and then mailing time. There is a fee for “rush” transcripts.


  • Contact information
    • Email:
    • Phone: 503.943.7321
    • Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m

Residence Life

The Office of Residence Life supports students during their living experiences on campus. The Office of Residence Life aims to create and connect you to the university’s vibrant life throughout the year while also establishing a strong community among students.

  • Housing applications are available online for new students and returning students.
    • New student priority deadline: May 10 
    • Returning student sign-up deadline: February 12th
  • You can change your meal plan through the Office of Residence Life each semester, but only before the second Friday of fall semester and the first Friday of spring semester. 

Student Accounts

Think your University account was billed more than it should have been? Certain student loans should have been applied to your account but have a hold because you owe money. The Office of Student Accounts bills students collects and deposits payments, and posts payments to each student's account in compliance with University policy and all federal and state regulations.

  • If your parents help you pay for college and they want to ask a question about your account, you need to sign an information release.
  • If you have a question about money, start with visiting the Office of Student Accounts.
  • If you have a question about money, start by visiting the Office of Student Accounts.
  • Sign up for direct deposit to have any refund checks automatically deposited in your bank account.
  • Contact information
    • Phone: 503.943.7347
    • Email:
    • Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Student Employment

Are you looking to study and work on campus

  • Each year, the federal government provides funding for employment programs in order to enable students with demonstrated financial need to work while they go to college; this aid is called Federal Work Study.
  • Jobs are posted on the Student Employment Job Board throughout the year. Don’t wait until you arrive on campus to apply.
  • Dates:
    • Fall Jobs: Posted on August 15
    • Spring Jobs: Posted on December 1st 
  • To work on campus, you will need to show proof your eligibility to work in the U.S.  

Questions? Contact