Registration Process

A number of general registration questions can be answered on the advising website.

Fall Registration for Incoming Students

Completion of your Fall schedule is done in consultation with your academic school (i.e. Shiley School of Engineering). Once admitted you can refer to your enrollment packet and UP email for further details.

Registration beyond the first semester

Your First Year Workshop will include a review of the registration process so that you feel confident registering yourself for Spring classes. Before you register yourself, you will need to meet with your program counselor to determine what classes to take and get your registration PIN. Contact information for each college's program counselors are below. 

Arts and Sciences 





Thinking of transferring or taking some time off? 

If you are planning to withdraw from the University, and transfer to another school, you will need to fill out the Withdraw from the University form. This form is available in Pilots UP on the Registrar - Students page under the heading “Withdrawal.”  You can start the process of withdrawing from the University by coming by the Shepard Center.  We will conduct a brief transition/exit interview and you can receive the information for a smooth transition from UP.

If you are considering taking a break from school, a Leave of Absence may be a good option. The leave allows you to take a semester off and return to campus the following semester and not have to re-apply to the University. It means your financial aid remains the same for when you return. If you have questions about the Leave of Absence, you can stop by or email the Shepard Center and we will be happy to tell you more about this option.  The Leave of Absence form is available in Pilots UP on the Registrar - Students under the heading “Withdrawal.”  You can start the process for a Leave of Absence by starting with your school or College or by coming to or emailing the Shepard Center. We will assist you in completing the Leave of Absence form and paperwork for Residence Life if you need to cancel your housing contract.